After 8 attempts, I passed FAR with a 79! More shocked than anything because it’s hard to envision it happening until it actually does. I used both Becker and Kesler CPA Review, and I went heavy on the Kesler side this time around - constantly reviewing my custom flashcards (I had accumulated around 270 of them), reviewing each questions’ “gem,” and circling back to Becker for more diversification with practice MCQs and sims. To anyone struggling through FAR or any other section, please keep at it. I didn’t think this was possible either… stick to your system and Bryan’s studying method. It WORKS!
Passed AUD with a 79!! 3rd times a charm! Went from 62 to 69 to 79! I truly feel like supplementing with Kesler helped me get over the hump. Thanks Bryan and team!
I felt like reading over the whys and gems helped me to understand the concepts better because the explanations are to the point and easy to understand. Thank you! On to BEC!
I PASSED FAR WITH AN 84!!! You have no idea what an accomplishment this is for me! I have been taking this exam for 5 years and have tested specifically for FAR At least 13 times.....i really lost count after that. It wasn't until I used your study methods that I got the score I am more than thankful. I'm honestly and shock!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
In my opinion, a must have to get through the CPA exam journey. The support from the group kept me going and Bryan's methods to studying is not covered by the review courses.
I am a little late posting this message because I’ve been busy catching up on things I put off for 2 1/2 years while studying. I dreamed of this moment several times on my journey. I HAVE PASSED ALL 4 PARTS OF THE CPA EXAM!! WOOHOO. I am beyond excited to be done and on to my next goal.
1. I have to thank God for seeing me through this emotional journey and it is emotional. There were days I didn’t know why I wanted to be a CPA or if I even could pass all the exams. My faith and this community of fellow students kept me going on the hard days. I also kept my UCEG pass tracker on my study desk as a reminder of my whys.
2. Please do not struggle alone. All of us are here to support one another and cheer on each other. Some days I would post a question I needed help on but most days I would post and respond to messages to encourage myself and others. No one understands the ups and downs of this journey like us.
3. Find a study routine that works for you and use the UCEG study method. It works!!!! It took me a year to pass FAR because I spent the 1st 6 months of that not using UCEG. After finding UCEG, I never watched lectures again. I made my own notecards until Kesler CPA Review was launched. I would listen to lectures during work if I had time to reinforce difficult concepts. I read my book and did a lot of mcqs.
4. Try to stick as close to your study schedule as you can but don’t get down if you have to adjust it. I took 6 months to study AUD, BEC, and FAR (after I got UCEG). I took 4 months to study REG because it was my last exam and I just wanted to be done. It’s a lot longer than other students but I work full time, I have 4 children and 7 grandchildren. Juggling life sometimes got difficult. Remember to give yourself and those around you grace and be as flexible as you are comfortable with. Give yourself mental health breaks when you need it. I took Sundays off to focus on God and my family and that helped me get through.
5. Don’t be afraid to supplement material. UCEG helped me study but Kesler CPA Review was a game changer for me. Whenever I could, I would use the App to answer KeslerQs or the Kesler cards. it helped to have different questions to answer. The KeslerQs were more straight forward to me than Becker and the explanations provided in the answers were more real world based to me so it was easier for me to understand. This was especially helpful to me for BEC.
Good luck to each of you future CPAs still studying. You’ve got this. Don’t ever give up!! Remember your why and keep pushing forward.